Welcome to Southlands High School.
We are very proud of our school with record breaking results, outstanding new facilities and achievements in many regional and national competitions.
We are confident that our results and the dynamism of our school community will inspire us to become one of the leading secondary schools in the country.
We believe that every child should be given opportunities to develop their leadership skills as part of their growth and development in order to prepare them for adult life.
- Southlands is a very ambitious school which has made significant changes.
- A focus on leadership development is at the heart of what we do.
- We demand the very best from our students and staff and provide the very best in return. We aim to support, challenge and inspire our students.
- Each student is taught in dynamic learning environments, by talented staff, to ensure high levels of achievement for all.
- A curriculum rich in opportunities and enrichment activities, diverse in nature, ensures student growth.
- An atmosphere that is warm and welcoming, reinforcing high standards, characterises our school.
- We recognise that the well-being and happiness of our students will allow them to enjoy, achieve, and succeed.
- Consultation with students, parents and staff supports change.
- We settle for nothing less than the best, in our pursuit of excellence.
‘Without continual growth and progress, such words as improvement, achievement, and success have no meaning.’ Benjamin Franklin
Southlands High School has undertaken a period of transformation.
We recognise that change must be continuous to deliver the very best education. As a school, we acknowledge the importance of re-evaluating our goals in order to provide exceptional learning experiences and outstanding outcomes.
The changes to our school over the past five years have been the most dramatic in the school’s fifty eight year history. There have been breath-taking developments in our school facilities and we have achieved record breaking results. We have embraced new technologies to add to the learning of all our students. Southlands High School has always had a strong ethos where people matter and we work with our community for the benefit of our students.
Amid all the change and progress, it is great to celebrate the continuous improvement in examination results and our young people leave to become successful individuals who are a credit to our society. There is an ever changing educational agenda and Southlands is determined to meet these challenges to ensure the future success of all our students.
At Southlands, we embrace change and have benefitted from the rewards because we are open to it. We hope that you will join us as we seek to develop the leaders of tomorrow.
Mark Fowle – Headteacher